Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Posted by Amanda at 10/30/2007 10:22:00 PM
Monday, October 22, 2007
Thank god my Mondays start with "coffee morning with April"...sounds like a NPR program or something....hmmm, there's a thought. But I don't think we could get paid to do it so scratch that idea. April and I meet every Monday/Friday morning at Starbuck's. These are mornings to either talk about our weekends or bitch about our weeks. I love coffee mornings! Unfortunately our morning was cut a little early due to the fact I had a lovely 8am dentist appointment that I had to rush to in the downpour of rain this morning...not fun.
As usual, I go to get my teeth cleaned, listen to the hygienist repeat herself about how "I need to brush twice a day and floss and use mouthwash and brush and floss and..." Granted I brush once a day and use my tongue cleaner, apparently I'm not doing enough. WTF?! I guess I'm supposed to take 15 mins out of my morning to stand in front of the mirror and concentrate on my gums! I have a hard enough time waking up in the morning on time that now I need to wake up even earlier to concentrate on making sure that I'm brushing against my gum line? Ugh...I'm going to try...or at least I will try for a week and go back to being a slacker. We shall see...
Next stop before work is the lovely trip to the Wyandotte County Courthouse to file garnishment papers on a customer that loves to play fucking games and not pay his bill. I want to say that we took him to court in April and he has yet to pay his judgement. I think I have now went back to the lovely courthouse maybe 10 times to try and get money and still have a about $500 to collect from a $1500 bill. And let me tell you...the clerks at the Wyandotte County Courthouse are not the most friendliest chicks! I swear, every time I go there I either come out feeling like a complete fucking moron for asking questions as to how to fill out paperwork or that I put them out by having them file shit for me. Isn't that their job? Out of all the courthouses I have had to go to for small claims cases for work, Wyandotte County is the least on my list that I like going to.
Finally I show up to work around 10:30...typical lovely day in Accounting. I seriously need a new job... A new job that I don't have to constantly hear customers whine about not receiving an invoice or how they have no money to pay their bill or how they can't understand why they were charged what they were charged. I don't know why I'm in Accounting. I hate Math! I hate numbers! I guess the job pays the bills...although, I win the lottery or someone offers me another job and I'm out the door in a hurry!
On a positive note...I have signed up for two swaps via Ravelry! I've never done the swap thing before. I'm doing the "Caffeine Addicts" and "Coffee Swap Three" swaps! The CA swap is an annoyomous swap. I did hear from the person that has me today via email and they seem to have the same possible warped sense of humor that I do... (OK swap buddy if I'm wrong, please correct me!) I have also emailed my swap anonymously letting her know that I have her. I like to blog stalk her so I can see what she is into so I can get ideas as to what to hook her up with...
For my CST swap they made it so your and your buddy are swaps. My swap is Kitty! She is from Scotland and we have talked via email several times! Kitty is awesome and I always look forward to her emails. I have done some shopping for her and I hope she likes what I'm sending her...hopefully we don't have to beat some ass to get it delivered though since the postal service is on strike :(
I almost forgot...My dad called me from San Diego this morning telling me that he was being evacuated from his house. I guess the fires were coming towards his house and work and he has told to leave. I can't imagine what it would be like to have to deal with something like this. He also mentioned that he was going to try and go to our friend Kris' house but something to do with traffic being so bad from all the people leaving that he didn't know what he was going to do. I guess we all have to pray that the fires stop. Houses can be replaced, people cannot.
Posted by Amanda at 10/22/2007 08:09:00 PM
Today we celebrated my mom's birthday by having dinner at my gma's house. I made my mom's favorite German Chocolate cake. Which I was impressed at how good it looked and tasted. I guess those Wilton Classes at Michael's worked!
After gorging on dinner and cake we all watched the "Lost in the 50's" dvd that my gma bought my mom from their last trip to Branson, MO. Also we got to watch Baby Fuzz be ornery and look cute. Since none of us like our pics taken I took some of Baby Fuzz...The kid is totally ornery and unfortunately takes after her mother, Stephanie!
Posted by Amanda at 10/22/2007 08:08:00 PM
Saturday after Mike got off work we went and picked up my mom, sister and Baby Fuzz for our 99 mile, 1 hour and 41 min (approx) trip to the lovely, Amish community of Jamesport, MO in search of BREAD! OMG they have the greatest jalapeno cheese bread ever at the Countryside Bakery. It is an Amish bakery that has bread, pastries, noodles, jams, etc... I should've taken a pic of this freakin' awesome bread...but I'm a slacker and didn't! However we did take some pics from our drive in the city...
Posted by Amanda at 10/22/2007 07:59:00 PM
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Thought I should probably add a little bit of "knitting" to my blog. This is my Oversized Ballband Dishcloth that lately i've been on and off working on. According to the pattern I'm supposed to be using size 7 needles but at the time I started the smallest needles I had were size 9. So really looking at this project it is more like a Ballband Dishtowel instead of Dishcloth. Oh well, honestly I was just wanted to try the pattern, which I really like. It has this brickish/block look to it that is pretty cool, or at least I think so. Plus I had some el cheapo Sugar n' Cream yarn to use up so what the hell? Make a cheap dish whatever with cheap yarn...works for me!
Posted by Amanda at 10/13/2007 10:14:00 PM
Posted by Amanda at 10/13/2007 10:05:00 PM
OK...after looking at other people's blogs I find all these awesome things that I like and want on my blog. I went to Santa-Cali-Gon in Independence, MO during Labor Day weekend and went past on of these craft tables that was selling black and white pics with letters like above. I totally wanted one of these pics but didn't have the moolah to afford to by one that was matted and framed. BUT HEY! I have these post on my blog so it will do for now!
Posted by Amanda at 10/13/2007 12:56:00 PM
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
OK, I'm supposed to post my answers to the questions so here ya go!
1. Whole bean or ground? Either one is fine, I'm not too picky.
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? FULLY-LOADED ALL THE WAY! I need to wake up somehow!
3. Regular or flavored? I like either or, well actually...I usually add milk/creamer/flavor/sugar in my coffee, so which ever!
4. How do you drink your coffee? OK, I could really be a smartass...and this question could be answered many ways! Soooo...I drink it in a mug? Sometimes hot, usually iced here lately...
5. Favorite coffee ever? Don't really have a brand. Lately I have been going to Starbuck's and getting a Venti Nonfat Iced Carmel Macchiato, or actually if i'm broke McDonald's Iced Vanilla Coffee is pretty damn good!
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? Not really fussy, i guess just nothing OVERLY strong.
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Chocolate goes with everything!, biscotti, I guess anything really.
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? I just want to be surprised. The coffee will be drank from either myself or my family regardless!
9. Yarn/fiber you love? I've established a fondness lately for sock yarn. I like warm colors and usually the color of the yarn is what sells to me. Fiber wise...I like wool, alpaca...
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? Don't really hate anything. I have been influenced by my peers to only buy yarn at a LYS lately...and not the "big" chains.
11. What's on your needles? I have several...i'm making an oversized Ballband Dishcloth that probably will be considered a dishtowel instead of a cloth, fingerless gloves for my boyfriend, a way past due baby blanket for my niece and the start of a sock.
12. Favorite colors? GREEN! I like every shade of green and also burgandy/navy. Also really love the turquoise/brown combination.
13. Allergies? Nothing related to coffee/yarn.
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I would like to find a Hello Kitty mug...don't have one, would be really cool to find one though. I'm pretty easy to please.
Can't wait to get this swap started!!
Posted by Amanda at 10/09/2007 02:44:00 PM
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Well besides the obvious love for my family and friends.
Jenna Jameson...I've never completly understood the fondness of her, but I do love Jenna Jameson!
Starbuck's Venti Iced Nonfat Carmel Macchiatos!
Posted by Amanda at 10/07/2007 07:50:00 PM
Friday, October 5, 2007
Since i'm now on Ravelry (YIPPEE!!) I read a lot of the groups and saw this on the Libra Group that Carmen had posted...so I was like "what the hell? what's up with my birthday?"
26 September 1976
- Your date of conception was on or about 4 January 1976 which was a Sunday.
- You were born on a Sundayunder the astrological sign Libra.Your Life path number is 4.
- Your fortune cookie reads: Nature, time and patience are the three best physicians.
- Life Path Compatibility:You are most compatible with those with the Life Path numbers 2, 4, 8, 11 & 22.
- You should get along well with those with the Life Path numbers 6 & 7.
- You are least compatible with those with the Life Path numbers 1, 3, 5 & 9.
- The Julian calendar date of your birth is 2443047.5.
- The golden number for 1976 is 1.The epact number for 1976 is -1.The year 1976 was a leap year.
- Your birthday falls into the Chinese year beginning 1/31/1976 and ending 2/17/1977.
- You were born in the Chinese year of the Dragon.
- Your Native American Zodiac sign is Raven.
- Your plant is Ivy.
- You were born in the Egyptian month of Choiach, the fourth month of the season of Poret (Emergence - Fertile soil).
- Your date of birth on the Hebrew calendar is 3 Tishri 5737. Or if you were born after sundown then the date is 4 Tishri 5737.
- The Mayan Calendar long count date of your birthday is 188.8.131.52.3 which is12 baktun 18 katun 3 tun 4 uinal 3 kin
- The Hijra (Islamic Calendar) date of your birth is Sunday, 2 Shavval 1396 (1396-10-2).
- The date of Easter on your birth year was Sunday, 18 April 1976.
- The date of Orthodox Easter on your birth year was Sunday, 25 April 1976.
- The date of Ash Wednesday (the first day of Lent) on your birth year was Wednesday 3 March 1976.
- The date of Whitsun (Pentecost Sunday) in the year of your birth was Sunday 6 June 1976.
- The date of Whisuntide in the year of your birth was Sunday 13 June 1976.
- The date of Rosh Hashanah in the year of your birth was Saturday, 25 September 1976.
- The date of Passover in the year of your birth was Thursday, 15 April 1976.
- The date of Mardi Gras on your birth year was Tuesday 2 March 1976.
- As of 10/5/2007 11:14:41 PM EDT You are 31 years old.
- You are 373 months old.
- You are 1,618 weeks old.
- You are 11,331 days old.
- You are 271,967 hours old.
- You are 16,318,034 minutes old.
- You are 979,082,081 seconds old.
- Celebrities who share your birthday:
Christina Milian (1982)
Serena Williams (1981)
Shawn Stockman (1972)
James Caviezel (1968)
Lawrence Leritz (1962)
Linda Hamilton (1956)
Olivia Newton-John (1948)
Anne Robinson (1944)
Julie London (1926)
Jack LaLanne (1914)
George Gershwin (1898)
T.S. Eliot (1888)
Ivan Pavlov (1849)
John Chapman (1774)
- Top songs of 1976
Tonight's the Night by Rod Stewart
Silly Love Songs by Wings
Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee
Disco Lady by Johnnie Taylor
Play The Funky Music by Wild Cherry
December, 1963 (Oh What a Night) by Four Seasons
50 Ways to Leave Your Lover by Paul Simon
Kiss and Say Goodbye by Manhattans
If You Leave Me Now by Chicago
Love Hangover by Diana Ross
- Your age is the equivalent of a dog that is 4.43483365949119 years old. (You're still chasing cats!)
- Your lucky day is Friday.
- Your lucky number is 6.
- Your ruling planet(s) is Venus.
- Your lucky dates are 6th, 15th, 24th.
- Your opposition sign is Aries.
- Your opposition number(s) is 9.
- Today is one of your lucky days!
- There are 357 days till your next birthday on which your cake will have 32 candles.Those 32 candles produce 32 BTUs,or 8,064 calories of heat (that's only 8.0640 food Calories!) .You can boil 3.66 US ounces of water with that many candles.
- In 1976 there were approximately 3.1 million births in the US.In 1976 the US population was approximately 203,302,031 people, 57.4 persons per square mile.
- In 1976 in the US there were approximately 2,152,662 marriages (10.1%) and 1,036,000 divorces (4.9%)
- In 1976 in the US there were approximately 1,921,000 deaths (9.5 per 1000)In the US a new person is born approximately every 8 seconds. In the US one person dies approximately every 12 seconds.
- In 1976 the population of Australia was approximately 14,110,107.
- In 1976 there were approximately 227,810 births in Australia.
- In 1976 in Australia there were approximately 109,973 marriages and 63,230 divorces.
- In 1976 in Australia there were approximately 112,662 deaths.
- Your birthstone is Sapphire -->The Mystical properties of Sapphire though not meant to replace traditional medical treatment, Sapphire is used for clear thinking. Some lists consider these stones to be your birthstone. (Birthstone lists come from Jewelers, Tibet, Ayurvedic Indian medicine, and other sources) Agate, Moonstone, Lapis Lazuli
- Your birth tree is Hazelnut Tree.
- The Extraordinary, Charming, undemanding, very understanding, knows how to make an impression, active fighter for social cause, popular, moody and capricious lover, honest and tolerant partner, precise sense of judgement.
- There are 81 days till Christmas 2007!
- There are 94 days till Orthodox Christmas!
- The moon's phase on the day you wereborn was waxing crescent.
Somewhat interesting...kinda makes you wonder "where in the hell do people come up with or find this shit?! :)
Posted by Amanda at 10/05/2007 10:15:00 PM
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
This is the lovely side pic of my 2002 Ford Escape that I have named "FeFe"...I usually for whatever reason base the name of my cars by the letters of the car make/model. I bought this car on July 4, 2007.
And this is the lovely rear window of FeFe, with the Hello Kitty decal that Mike bought for me. I can always tell which car is mine. I hear this at least once a week at work too. Funny...
Posted by Amanda at 10/03/2007 09:33:00 PM
My Ravelry stats as of 9:23pm this evening:
You signed up on August 1, 2007
You are #22464 on the list.
7 people are ahead of you in line.
16487 people are behind you in line.
57% of the list has been invited so far
Can you freakin' believe this? I'm waiting for 7 people in front of me...ugh! OK OK I know, not too much longer but damn! I have been tallying my stats ever since August 1st! Any guesses as to what I will be doing tomorrow night?
Posted by Amanda at 10/03/2007 09:22:00 PM
Monday, October 1, 2007
Happy 2nd Birthday to my favorite niece "Baby Fuzz" aka "Miakah LeAn". She looks so thrilled in this pic. I need to download more pics of her from her birthday party yesterday but haven't gotten there yet. Seems like yesterday when her momma had her...Baby Fuzz is growing up into a big girl :)
Posted by Amanda at 10/01/2007 10:20:00 PM