Thursday, November 13, 2008

Seven things I love...

I was tagged by Kim to answer "Seven Things I Love"...I've never been "tagged" before!

  1. My friends and family! I don't know what I would do without all of you. Especially in the last month of my Mom being diagnosed with Cancer (update...she went for a small needle biopsy on the 6th and her test results did come back "positive" for Cancer, I will not know anything else until her appointment with the Oncologist on the 24th...prayers please) and helping Mike deal with his dying Uncle Ray (has been in and out of hospitals for about 2 years, coded on October 29th, was in ICU for 5 days, was taken off dialysis and has been in Hospice since the 11th...today Mike learned that his condition has worsened and doesn't have much longer).
  2. Collecting Hello Kitty things...don't really know exactly why or how this collection started. I've collected numerous things through out the years...flamingos, penguins, Elmo...strange mix! I also really like crosses! I think this started when watching the "Osbournes" and seeing all the crosses on their walls. I'm not overly religious so religion really doesn't have anything to do with it. I do have a cross tattoo on my left wrist as well for people who don't know.
  3. Coffee...coffee can turn a shitty day into an awesome day sometimes! I used to meet my friend April every Monday and Friday mornings at Starbuck's for a half an hour before work for coffee and gossip. It was so much fun! But then I bought a house and moved further away and neither one of us can get up early enough to still meet for coffee before work anymore :( How sad...
  4. "Whatever Martha!" Awesome show! As Mike says, "those are your type of chicks!" I mean really, what is not fun about watching shitty old Martha Stewart episodes and talking shit about her? Seriously!
  5. Ravelry...What an awesome site it is! I'm not what you call an experienced knitter, although without this site I wouldn't probably be the knitter that I am. They have everything on that site and I've met quite a few new friends there too!
  6. The Melting Pot...cheese and chocolate...enough said!
  7. Pop culture in general. Mike and I play "Xtreme Team Trivia" with our friends Ron and Donna every Wednesday night. It's trivia all about movies, music, tv, sports, ect... We always have fun listening to "our" music and kicking the other team's ass playing something we really enjoy!

OK, so if anyone really reads my blog...I'm wanting to know Ria, Kitty, Jen and Shelly love...

1 comments:

dulcedosa said...

Sorry to hear about your mom! :(
You know I know what its like when your parent(s) are ill. It's S. T. R. E. S. S.

You need some knitter chick lovin!

Imma put you together a little care package!