A Meme for Fun!
...I copied this off of Denise's blog (thank you!)
Copy, paste, and bold what you have done!
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band ...Does Rock Band or Guitar Hero count? Because if so, I have!!
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Gone rollerskating ...and survived!
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning ...and won't eat Burger King till this day!!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty ( I tried but didn’t make it!)
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill ...who doesn't?
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping ...I think people of my size call this "Chunky Dunkin'"
27. Run a Marathon ...I've walked
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community ...Jamesport, MO, bakery there has the most awesome jalapeno cheese bread ever!!
36. Taught yourself a new language ...a little Spanish
37. Acted in a play or performed on stage
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke ...HELLO! I do the "jitterbug" part in Wham!'s "Wake me up before you go-go" everytime my friends and I do karaoke!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted ...for my grandparents, all grandkids participated
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma ...had to donate plasma, was a poor, broke college student that needed extra cash, I have donated blood as well
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square ...2003, took trip to see my friend Marisa in PA and we rode the bus to NYC!
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car ...2005 Ford Focus, her name was Frankie :)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Won money
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Had to put someone you love in Hospice Care ...RIP Uncle Ray
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit ...for work purposes
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
A Meme for Fun!
Posted by Amanda at 1/07/2009 11:34:00 AM
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Wow...I sure don't "blog" much huh? Maybe I should make that my New Year's resolution? So, I'm sure many things have happened that I haven't blogged about so I guess I will ramble now...
October 28, 2008...My mom was told by her doctor that she had lung cancer. I didn't want to believe this news until she had the biopsy done. Her appointment for the small needle biopsy was on November 6th and her test results did come back "positive" for cancer. I did not find out that she had Stage 4 lung cancer until we went to her appointment with the Oncologist on the November 24th. That day I found out she had Stage 4 lung cancer that has spread to her bones and liver and was told that her cancer was incurable.
She really didn't want to go through chemo, but I'm glad that she did change her mind. I went with her to her first treatment on December 4th. Wow what a long day that is sitting there, bag after bag of poison, nausea meds and saline going through one's body. I think we got there at 8am and left a little after 5pm. She took the treatment well but the next night (Friday) she started getting sick. She told me that she was sick Friday night, every bone in her body ached and was sick and couldn't sleep all Saturday, Sunday she felt a little better and was sick again Monday. She was finally better on Tuesday. I can't imagine being in pain and sick for 4 days in a row. She was pretty much ready to give up on chemo after that experience.
She had an appointment on the 16th to get her blood count tested and those results came back good.
Mom started loosing her hair around the 23rd and was able to get a wig from the American Cancer Society. Luckily they had one that fit her style...red, short and spiky. She was completely bald by the 26th.
She went to her second chemo treatment on December 31st. Once again, started getting sick Friday night. Yesterday she had to go into the center to have an IV put in so that they could give her fluids. She had now been throwing up for 4 days and had not been able to eat. Speaking to her this morning she is still not 100% better, but is at least eating a little this morning.
You know, I never really knew a whole lot about cancer before my mom was diagnosed. I mean, my gma had Melanoma and had a couple of surgeries to have that removed but I guess I wasn't overly involved and had not done much research with her sickness. I hate that people have to have this sickness and it is so unfair to think "Why her? What did she do? Why is it that people can smoke like a fiend and they don't get lung cancer, but my mom a nonsmoker has lung cancer?" I don't wish cancer or any other disease on anyone mind you. I just can't imagine what she is going through.
On a lighter note...Christmas was good. Got some Hello Kitty things :) Always a good thing. But our "Christmas Crack" has been the Wii that we got from Mike's mom. OMG! That thing is addictive. We first bought "Guitar Hero" and played that for a couple of nights. Fun as hell! Then I kept seeing an ad on tv for "Animal Crossing"...OMG...OK, I didn't get dressed on Saturday because I was playing that damn game all freakin' day long! So needless to say, I haven't done a lot of knitting or anything for that matter since buying that game. Sarah, a co-worker of mine also has the game and we play with each other via the Internet through the Wii system. It is fun to have another "nerd" that plays and we discuss things at work. I guess we don't get much done at work either?! :)
Posted by Amanda at 1/06/2009 09:23:00 AM