Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Posted by Amanda at 11/18/2008 02:02:00 PM
Thursday, November 13, 2008
I was tagged by Kim to answer "Seven Things I Love"...I've never been "tagged" before!
- My friends and family! I don't know what I would do without all of you. Especially in the last month of my Mom being diagnosed with Cancer (update...she went for a small needle biopsy on the 6th and her test results did come back "positive" for Cancer, I will not know anything else until her appointment with the Oncologist on the 24th...prayers please) and helping Mike deal with his dying Uncle Ray (has been in and out of hospitals for about 2 years, coded on October 29th, was in ICU for 5 days, was taken off dialysis and has been in Hospice since the 11th...today Mike learned that his condition has worsened and doesn't have much longer).
- Collecting Hello Kitty things...don't really know exactly why or how this collection started. I've collected numerous things through out the years...flamingos, penguins, Elmo...strange mix! I also really like crosses! I think this started when watching the "Osbournes" and seeing all the crosses on their walls. I'm not overly religious so religion really doesn't have anything to do with it. I do have a cross tattoo on my left wrist as well for people who don't know.
- Coffee...coffee can turn a shitty day into an awesome day sometimes! I used to meet my friend April every Monday and Friday mornings at Starbuck's for a half an hour before work for coffee and gossip. It was so much fun! But then I bought a house and moved further away and neither one of us can get up early enough to still meet for coffee before work anymore :( How sad...
- "Whatever Martha!" Awesome show! As Mike says, "those are your type of chicks!" I mean really, what is not fun about watching shitty old Martha Stewart episodes and talking shit about her? Seriously!
- Ravelry...What an awesome site it is! I'm not what you call an experienced knitter, although without this site I wouldn't probably be the knitter that I am. They have everything on that site and I've met quite a few new friends there too!
- The Melting Pot...cheese and chocolate...enough said!
- Pop culture in general. Mike and I play "Xtreme Team Trivia" with our friends Ron and Donna every Wednesday night. It's trivia all about movies, music, tv, sports, ect... We always have fun listening to "our" music and kicking the other team's ass playing something we really enjoy!
Posted by Amanda at 11/13/2008 04:26:00 PM
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
A time and date I will now never forget. This is the time that my mom called me to let me know "what is wrong with her." My mom has been complaining of chest pains and being sore around her ribs, or as she says "right below my bra." My mom went to the doctors on the 22nd, the day after her 57th birthday, to find out what was wrong with her. Since then she has had a series of CAT scans, bone density tests and a mammogram. Today she went to the doctors and was told that she has lung cancer. No, she does not smoke...the question I've heard numerous times today. I'm not sure all the details yet because she hasn't told me everything and honestly I don't know that she knows all the details yet either. She goes back to the doctor's on Thursday and I plan to go with her to ask all the questions I have and hopefully get answers to everything that I/she needs to know.
My mom and I have talked quite a bit about cancer. Talked about the "Cancer Policy" at our work and how nowadays people are silly not to get it because of cancer being so common. How we are bound and determined to get it sometime in our lives because of all our family members having some shape/form of it. But now it's one of those things like "Hey! You weren't supposed to get it! You're too young to have cancer. (like there's such a thing)" I think i'm worried, scared, uneasy, unknowing and not sure how to accept that my mom now has cancer.
Posted by Amanda at 10/28/2008 04:11:00 PM
Friday, September 19, 2008
My pirate name is:
You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!
part of the fidius.org network
Posted by Amanda at 9/19/2008 11:10:00 AM
Friday, September 12, 2008
Posted by Amanda at 9/12/2008 01:59:00 PM
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
OK, since I'm somewhat of a "music freak/snob" I saw this on Ria's blog and thought I would do it too...
A.) Go to musicoutfitters.com
B.) Enter the year you graduated from high school in the search function and get the list of 100 most popular songs of that year
C.) Bold the songs you like(making them red), strike through the ones you hate (making them green) and underline or italicize your favorite.(making them purple ) Do nothing to the ones you don’t remember (or don’t care about)
Top 100 Hits of 1995/Top 100 Songs of 1995
1. Gangsta's Paradise, Coolio
2. Waterfalls, TLC
3. Creep, TLC
4. Kiss From A Rose, Seal
5. On Bended Knee, Boyz II Men
6. Another Night, Real McCoy
7. Fantasy, Mariah Carey
8. Take A Bow, Madonna
9. Don't Take It Personal (Just One Of Dem Days), Monica
10. This Is How We Do It, Montell Jordan (everytime I hear this song I think of Friday/Saturday nights me and my friends would go to Rock n' Bowl and hear this!)
11. I Know, Dionne Farris
12. Water Runs Dry, Boyz II Men
13. Freak Like Me, Adina Howard
14. Run-Around, Blues Traveler
15. I Can Love You Like That, All-4-One (can you say "OVERPLAYED!!!)
16. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?, Bryan Adams (makes me gag!)
17. Always, Bon Jovi
18. Boombastic/In The Summertime, Shaggy (it's even better when Mike sings it!)
19. Total Eclipse Of The Heart, Nicki French
20. You Gotta Be, Des'ree
21. You Are Not Alone, Michael Jackson
22. Hold My Hand, Hootie and The Blowfish
23. One More Chance-Stay With Me, Notorious B.I.G.
24. Here Comes The Hotstepper, Ini Kamoze
25. Candy Rain, Soul For Real
26. Let Her, w Hootie and The Blowfish
27. I Believe, Blessid Union Of Souls
28. Red Light Special, TLC
29. Runaway, Janet Jackson
30. Strong Enough, Sheryl Crow (give me a break!)
31. Colors Of The Wind, Vanessa Williams
32. Someone To Love, Jon B.
33. Only Wanna Be With You, Hootie and The Blowfish
34. If You Love Me, Brownstone
35. In The House Of Stone And Light, Martin Page
36. I Got 5 On It, Luniz
37. Baby, Brandy
38. Run Away, Real McCoy
39. As I Lay Me Down, Sophie B. Hawkins
40. He's Mine, Mokenstef
41. December, Collective Soul
42. I'll Be There For You-You're All I Need To Get By, Method Man-Mary J. Blige
43. Shy Guy, Diana King
44. I'm The Only One, Melissa Etheridge
45. Every Little Thing I Do, Soul For Real
46. Before I Let You Go, BLACKstreet
47. Big Poppa/Warning, Notorious B.I.G.
48. Sukiyaki, 4 P.M.
49. I Wanna Be Down, Brandy
50. I'll Make Love To You, Boyz II Men
51. Dear Mama/Old School, 2Pac
52. Hold On, Jamie Walters
53. Keep Their Heads Ringin', Dr. Dre
54. The Rhythm Of The Night, Corona
55. Roll To Me, Del Amitri
56. Scream/Childhood, Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson (Mike squeals like a little girl when he hears this song, he loves it for some reason?)
57. Freek'n You, Jodeci
58. I Wish, Skee-lo (I think I still have this CD somewhere...I know, sad...)
59. Believe, Elton John
60. Carnival, Natalie Merchant
61. You Don't Know How It Feels, Tom Petty
62. Back For Good, Take That
63. Tootsee Roll, 69 Boyz
64. You Want This-70's Love Groove, Janet Jackson
65. Tell Me, Groove Theory
66. Can't You See, Total
67. All I Wanna Do, Sheryl Crow
68. This Lil' Game We Play, Subway
69. Come And Get Your Love, Real McCoy
70. This Ain't A Love Song, Bon Jovi
71. Secret, Madonna
72. Player's Anthem, Junior M.A.F.I.A.
73. Feel Me Flow, Naughty By Nature
74. Every Day Of The Week, Jade
75. The Sweetest Days, Vanessa Williams
76. Short Dick Man, 20 Fingers Featuring Gillette
77. Brokenhearted, Brandy
78. No More "I Love You's", Annie Lennox
79. You Used To Love Me, Faith Evans
80. Constantly, Immature
81. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me, U2
82. 100% Pure Love, Crystal Waters
83. Ask Of You, Raphael Saadiq
84. Sugar Hill, Az
85. Good, Better Than Ezra
86. Brown Sugar, D'angelo
87. Turn The Beat Around, Gloria Estefan
88. 'Til You Do Me Right, After 7
89. 1st Of Tha Month, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony (I try to sing this to Mike every first of the month morning, "wake up, wake up, wake up...it's the first of the month!)
90. Like The Way I Do If I Wanted To, Melissa Etheridge
91. I Live My Life For You, Firehouse
92. Dream About You-Funky Melody, Stevie B
93. Cotton Eye Joe, Rednex
94. Thank You, Boyz II Men
95. I'll Stand By You, Pretenders
96. I Miss You, N II U
97. Give It 2 You, Da Brat
98. Best Friend, Brandy
99. Misery, Soul Asylum
100. Can't Stop Lovin' You, Van Halen
Posted by Amanda at 9/10/2008 11:16:00 AM
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Posted by Amanda at 8/17/2008 05:14:00 PM
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Posted by Amanda at 8/12/2008 09:36:00 AM
Monday, July 14, 2008
Posted by Amanda at 7/14/2008 09:01:00 AM
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
I was a little nervous that we were going to have a repeat of the Depeche Mode show because Robert's throat was still bothering him since doing a show in Chicago a couple of nights before KC.
Awesome show despite Robert's voice at times. They played my favorite song "Lullaby" and that is all they had to have sung for me to be happy!
Posted by Amanda at 5/20/2008 08:26:00 AM
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
I got these little numbers all ready to give to my Human Resources Manager Pam at work for her birthday. She and her husband like to joke with me about "knitting not like grandma's knitting anymore!" And we go into discussions about all the AWESOME things you can knit and of course...PASTIES came up. I've signed up to be a part of the Bad Knit Girl's Pastie Swap Par Deux! This was a trial pair to try out the pattern before making a pair for my swap partner.
Posted by Amanda at 5/06/2008 10:53:00 PM
Thank you so very much for sending me some more of this AWESOME coffee KIM! If you look at my older blog posts Kim was a prior swap partner I had on Ravelry. This coffee came all the way from Canada! Which makes me want to go back...is Toronto far from you KIM? I could so visit again!
Posted by Amanda at 5/06/2008 10:44:00 PM
Posted by Amanda at 5/06/2008 10:27:00 PM
Friday, April 4, 2008
Posted by Amanda at 4/04/2008 09:47:00 AM
Friday, February 29, 2008
Posted by Amanda at 2/29/2008 03:07:00 PM
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Posted by Amanda at 2/27/2008 10:19:00 PM
Thursday, February 21, 2008
I AM! OMG...I can't believe I've not posted since December! OK, maybe I can... I've been knitting, I just need to take pics of what I have been knitting. Let's see...I started a Log Cabin Blanket, 2 socks (not the same of course!) and last night I began knitting on a Hello Kitty hat. I've been off and on motivated to knit. Of course being sick for over a week didn't help things either! I've not been to UFO Night at MisKnits in forever either! I didn't even go to the Guild meeting Monday. I actually had every intention of going...just didn't make it out of AT&T til 6:45. I am the new proud owner of my lovely burgandy Blackberry Curve phone that is cute as hell! Why do "cute as hell" things have to be so damn expensive?
Hmmm...what else is going on with me? Well...I'm counting down the months til Mike and I move out of our apartment. Where are we moving you ask? Hell if I know!?! I signed up for RentSourceInc.com for their listings and have been updating those on a daily basis. Then I also get these weird thoughts in my head about buying a house again. Unfortunately I don't know if I can actually purchase a house without actually having enough dinero saved up for a down payment. If anyone knows how this can be done, let me know! I just find it crazy that i'm being raped by living in Johnson County paying over $900 a month for rent on a two bedroom apartment! Granted...we do have quite a bit of space in our apartment but over $900 is crazy as hell!
Also I have been off and on thinking about what Mike and I are going to do about our wedding. It's a second marriage for both of us. Do we go fancy/simple? Do we go church/uncoventional? We are both pretty much set on asking if Jeff Scheel singer of band "Gravity Kills" would marry us since he is licensed. But OMG...during the ceremony I would be spending all my time oohing and ahhing and wiping my chin off from the excessive amount of drull that would be coming out of my mouth watching Jeff though! OMG...I used to go the the GK shows just to watch Jeff. Slightly obsessive! I mean, on my desk at work I have two pics of Jeff and I...the ex husband would ask "why do you have Jeff and you pics on your desk at work but none of the two of us?" Geee....
Posted by Amanda at 2/21/2008 10:47:00 AM